Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I Sneaked a Leopard - But Would I Pick It?



As much as I was excited with the incoming Mac OS X - Leopard, I don't think I am in the market for one with what were revealed in WWDC2006 today. I may need to see when the "TOP SECRET" new things introduced. And yes, I watched the WWDC2006 video stream.
I did not see iChat talking to other protocol. Although someone said you can connect iChat through Jabber Australia, it connects through Jabber's server to MSN. Definetely no video chat. I like the presentation that it can have customized backdrop - photo or video, which could be fun for the first time. After some time, people will get bored.
And it seemed to be able to use the full functionality - and experience - of Leopard, you need new Mac that is powerful enough. I use iMac G3 in daily basis (and my mac mini to store my media as well as playing it). I guess Tiger will be the latest OS my iMac can run in. The time comes soon for me to fork out my hard-earned dollars to pick up Intel Macs - if Leopard is really that good.

No comments: