Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wii Trailers - Games to be Available in Nintendo Wii


As I predicted that Nintendo Wii will be my game platform for near future - it is a big thing for me, my last console was Sega (can't remember the type), I did some quick research online. I want to see what titles will be available for this platform and will I (and my girlfriend) happy with those titles.
I went to Game Trailers, to check out. The page gave me lists of soon-to-be-available games for Wii, and I can't recall myself played most of the titles - its previous version, to be exact. But I recognised some of the old characters still there, like ol' Mario. I also seen Star Wars in the list - I am not Star Wars fan either, the Star Wars movie I've seen are the first ones (episode IV, V, VI - in the new world). But the games that caught my attention were Wii Sports, WarioWare Smooth Moves, and Dragon Ball.
These games really make use of the new interface of Wii - I bet other games, too, but like I said they did not catch my attention as it looked so complicated. The idea of using the controller as a racket, bat, club (Wii Sport), the way you have to "move" with the controller to control the characters (WarioWare and Dragon Ball). It looks enjoyable just by seeing the player moves, which is beyond the enjoyment watching people playing game on the TV screen. This is real interaction. I can see myself and my friends running around my living room to get score in the game.
Well, Nintendo. You get a plus there - from me. I am just not sure whether my girlfriend is in the same page with me, but I am sold. She is a Playstation user, so I don't know if she is willing to "switch". But I am not a gamer and I think I can "survive" some of your game titles. I may even win some of the Dragon Ball fights.

No comments: